FutureSight Forums

Index » Reviews » The New Website (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 15 Jan 2013 16:49

offline XenoK

I thought I'd post my opinion on the brand new website here!

[h]Overall:[/h]
Overall, I really love the new website. It looks completely fantastic, and a big step up from the old one.

[h]The Homepage[/h]
The homepage is great! It really caught my attention right from the start. The interface is gorgeous. The news feature is great, and top downloads is definitely cool as well. Thought I'd just post my opinion on the new header bar as well. The header is really nice! However, as it does not adjust very well to small screens, a lot of the elements are thrown off of the blue bar, making the rest of the content quite hard to read. The search tab is also very nice, and I like the text effects applied here.

[h]Search[/h]
The search bar is very nice! I like it! Searching is very fast, and I like the design of the results, as well as the nice clean url it uses, compared to the long google URLs you see. Very Nice. I recommend putting an additional search bar on the results page, just so the user doesnt have to make yet another click to search, it's made much more easier.

[h]Products[/h]
The new products page is great. I don't like how the bottom structure doesnt fill the entire space though, and you could use some whitespace in between the top "featured" modules and the full-scale browsing. There's also very little padding on the tabs structure, I just think it needs a bit more whitespace. As an additional note, I think that the tab you are currently on in tabs mode should be darkened. (its in a suggestion).

[h]About Us[/h]
I like it, but I cannot stress enough to you... more whitespace! also

LS97 started programming since a very young age.

I think that should be "at" instead of "since".

[h]Support[/h]
Its very straight forward. I think a better name for it would be contact since it's just a contact form now, but it's also fine the way it is..

[h]Finally.... Forums![/h]
Not much to say here. Classic fluxBB! Although I think you should have kept all the database records, oh wait..... didn't you lose them or something??? I think that post was lost too lol.

Overall, it's very good! As I am developing an interface that relies on AJAX to do much of the work, I think it's done a great job of conveying it's purpose. Very well done! I look forward to more FutureSight Software!

#2: 16 Jan 2013 05:05

offline Jacob

Administrator

Thanks! We worked hard on this site.
@Search: Good idea
@Product whitespace: That might be a good idea
@Product tab highlighting: see the suggestion thread
@About: LS is going to fix the writing.
@Support: It's still support, though.
@Forums: Yeah, we lost our old database records a while ago. Now we back them up a lot.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 17 Jan 2013 15:00

offline Jacob

Administrator

RCOS_Communications wrote
Just one thing you might have forgot to edit. The footer still reads "Copyright © 2012 . . .", instead of ". . . 2013 . . ."

Well, I don't believe we have made any major code changes this year, but it's fixed now.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#4: 19 Jan 2013 05:08

offline LS97

Administrator

Jacob wrote

RCOS_Communications wrote
Just one thing you might have forgot to edit. The footer still reads "Copyright © 2012 . . .", instead of ". . . 2013 . . ."

Well, I don't believe we have made any major code changes this year, but it's fixed now.

Actually I clearly remember editing the footer to include 2013. Maybe that was on MS when I made casmsg.php?

LS97 - President of FutureSight Technologies
Web design, head of graphics, and co-head developer

Index » Reviews » The New Website (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)