FutureSight Forums

Index » Tech help » What exactly does firedust do? (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 22 Feb 2013 08:10

offline Botcrusher

Will it work on windows8
Is it reversable?
Ami able to boot back into windows easally
Can i run windows apps?
Your page on it did not seem to have these answers

#2: 23 Feb 2013 03:00

offline LS97

Administrator

Hi Botcrusher,

I'm sorry if you found the page on Firedust not very informative.

As RCOS correctly stated above, Firedust is not a replacement of an Operating System: it does not boot by itself and requires a "host" Windows OS to start up.

Firedust is meant as software that replaces the functions of an operating system (although it requires one) to deliver a more user-friendly interface and programs. Its functions are still limited compared to a Windows operating system, but it's worth a try.

You run absolutely no risk by executing Firedust.exe! The only trace the program leaves behind are two folders named "Users" and "Firedust32" which are user and system configuration, respectively, of the program. These folders can later be deleted with no repercussion on your computer (but you will lose Firedust's settings).

Firedust is compatible with Windows 8. It requires the .NET Framework v4.0, and you need to run it from desktop mode. Enjoy!

LS97 - President of FutureSight Technologies
Web design, head of graphics, and co-head developer

#3: 26 Feb 2013 03:25

offline Botcrusher

Ok thank you for this information so is it possible to run on startup of windows using startup programs folder

#4: 01 Mar 2013 07:38

offline LS97

Administrator

Indeed it is.

#5: 04 Mar 2013 09:10

offline LS97

Administrator

RCOS_Communications wrote

LS97 wrote
Indeed it is.

Perhaps program more "modes" such as an Guest mode or Kiosk mode, for public computers limiting what they can do?

So a mode that doesn't save settings? I guess that could be done, but it would be annoying to those who use it more than once. I think the current system is the best balance between efficiency and easy of use.

Index » Tech help » What exactly does firedust do? (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)