FutureSight Forums

Index » Announcements » Switching forum systems and FutureBB Beta (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 21 May 2013 10:56

offline Jacob

Administrator

On Friday, May 24, we will switch our forum systems.

Currently our forums run FluxBB. While this is a good platform, it does not meet all of our needs and has a few incompatibilities with our codebase.
We are going to replace this forum system with FutureBB, which is much more powerful and fits with our codebase. All topics, posts, and users on these forums will be preserved.

We have a working draft of the new system, and here are a few screenshots:

That day, we also plan on releasing FutureBB Beta. This contains several new features and bug fixes from alpha. However, it will not come with an installer, and configuration files must be edited manually. The automatic installer will be restored in FutureBB 1.0.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#2: 27 May 2013 15:39

offline XenoK

hmm... you should really consider using PDO for database stuff. Its a lot more simple than mysqli, and you it can easily adjust to mysql, postgreSQL, SQLite, etc.

#3: 27 May 2013 15:47

offline XenoK

I like how the app is layed out internally. I really hope you don't mind me using some of the conventions used here.

#4: 27 May 2013 17:24

offline ahirbhairav

Congratulations, Jacob! Looks nice, and works AMAZINGLY well on mobile phones (OK, so maybe it was an iPad, but it's essentially the same thing).

FutureSight ROCKS!

#5: 29 May 2013 04:46

offline LS97

Administrator

ahirbhairav wrote
Congratulations, Jacob! Looks nice, and works AMAZINGLY well on mobile phones (OK, so maybe it was an iPad, but it's essentially the same thing).

Thank you, glad you like it!

And good to know about iPad compatibility.

LS97 - President of FutureSight Technologies
Web design, head of graphics, and co-head developer

Index » Announcements » Switching forum systems and FutureBB Beta (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)