FutureSight Forums

Index » Tech help » FutureBB Internal Layout (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 29 May 2013 10:19

offline XenoK

What inspired the FutureBB internal layout? I really liked it - I don't mean the dispatcher, I mean like the three main folders

#2: 29 May 2013 11:31

offline Jacob

Administrator

You mean like how there's app_resources, app_config, and static? Nothing really inspired it. I have seen a bunch of web frameworks in the past that have a ton of folders, and I wanted to do something much simpler, so I ended up choosing that.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 30 May 2013 03:58

offline XenoK

Jacob wrote
You mean like how there's app_resources, app_config, and static? Nothing really inspired it. I have seen a bunch of web frameworks in the past that have a ton of folders, and I wanted to do something much simpler, so I ended up choosing that.

Nice. I just used something similar in a product Im creating for a guy - only named static to app_assets, and its a lot more object oriented so I have a classes folder in the resources. Very intuitive - I like it

#4: 30 May 2013 10:44

offline Jacob

Administrator

XenoK wrote

Jacob wrote

Nice. I just used something similar in a product Im creating for a guy - only named static to app_assets, and its a lot more object oriented so I have a classes folder in the resources. Very intuitive - I like it

I was in charge of structuring the code for this project, so I got to decide how everything was organized.
Simply because of how my mind works, I use procedural code rather than object-oriented as much as possible. I only use classes to categorize functions, and they're all abstract classes except the database for that reason. However, even for the database, the functions are all used procedurally.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

Index » Tech help » FutureBB Internal Layout (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)