FutureSight Forums

Index » Tech help » Program to make start menu return to windows 8? (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 03 Nov 2012 06:18

offline ahirbhairav

Hi, is there any program with which I can restore my start button on the desktop in windows 8?

FutureSight ROCKS!

#2: 03 Nov 2012 07:09

offline Jacob

Administrator

You might want to try Start8, by StarDock.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 03 Nov 2012 08:40

offline ahirbhairav

David Pogue the NYTimes Tech Columnist suggested getting Pokki at http://www.pokki.com

FutureSight ROCKS!

#4: 29 May 2013 15:12 - Edited

offline ahirbhairav

RCOS_Communications wrote
Actually you can use Registry Editor. Press Windows Key+R to launch the "Run Application" dialog. Launch Registry Editor by typing "regedit" into it. Now navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. Double Click on RPEnabled and set the value to 0. Restart your computer to complete.

Fairly sure it only works in Windows 8 Beta

FutureSight ROCKS!

#5: 15 Jun 2013 09:55

offline ahirbhairav

ahirbhairav wrote

Actually you can use Registry Editor. Press Windows Key+R to launch the "Run Application" dialog. Launch Registry Editor by typing "regedit" into it. Now navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. Double Click on RPEnabled and set the value to 0. Restart your computer to complete.

May I ask who's Stephen and why he edited my post?

FutureSight ROCKS!

#6: 15 Jun 2013 13:51

offline Jacob

Administrator

ahirbhairav wrote

ahirbhairav wrote

May I ask who's Stephen and why he edited my post?

Stephen is one of our developers (see the about page), and I do not know why he edited your post. I will tell him not to.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

Index » Tech help » Program to make start menu return to windows 8? (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)