FutureSight Forums

Index » Suggestions » FutureBB Suggestions (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 29 Aug 2014 12:19 - Edited

offline shadow

1: Allow customisation of the group tags such as 'Administrator'. -- Not too important.

2: Ability to allow other users to edit your topic post. <-- Is that possible through an extension?

Anyway, thanks for having a quick look at my post.

(Oh + a bug. I had to manually create the avatars folder for some reason to get the forum working. :/ )

#2: 29 Aug 2014 13:05

offline Jacob

Administrator

FutureBB is currently not in active development, but we are currently considering bringing it back. If we do, your suggestions will definitely be considered.
1. What do you mean by "group tags"
2. Generally, a post is viewed as property of the poster, and as such other users should not be able to edit it. However, we may code an extension for it.
Bug. We will fix that.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 29 Aug 2014 16:05 - Edited

offline shadow

Like, how underneath your name it says administrator. That group tag. Yeah, I know the second one is slightly strange.

Thanks.

Also, how do I change dispatcher.php to the index?

#4: 29 Aug 2014 23:56

offline Jacob

Administrator

dispatcher.php should always be the index if you are using Apache because of the RewriteRules in the .htaccess file. However, AllowOverride must allow the .htaccess file to work. If you are using nginx, you need to look it up yourself, as we do not support that yet.

Jacob G.

#5: 29 Aug 2014 23:58

offline Jacob

Administrator

Also, for the group things, you can edit them if you are an administrator. We decided it's best not to let users edit them, however in the next version this may be included as a feature you can turn on in administration.

Jacob G.

#6: 30 Aug 2014 01:31 - Edited

offline shadow

-- BBcode for colour or something in the group, I mean. :/ I'm sorry, didn't make that clear.

I'm not sure if Apache is being used or not :/ I'll find out.

EDIT: Got dispatcher.php to be index. Manually did .htaccess stuff.

#7: 30 Aug 2014 04:37

offline Jacob

Administrator

shadow wrote
-- BBcode for colour or something in the group, I mean. :/ I'm sorry, didn't make that clear.

Oh. We may include an extension to color user group titles. We will also attempt to make the .htaccess file be written automatically.

Jacob G.

#8: 30 Aug 2014 16:14

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

Oh. We may include an extension to color user group titles. We will also attempt to make the .htaccess file be written automatically.

It's Not Already Automatic?

#9: 30 Aug 2014 18:08

offline shadow

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

It didn't do it on mine. That may be a problem on my end, though.

#10: 31 Aug 2014 05:00

offline Jacob

Administrator

shadow wrote

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

No, it's not automatic because not all server infrastructures let you write the .htaccess files yourself. However, in version 1.1 it will give you the file to upload.

Jacob G.

#11: 31 Aug 2014 10:06

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

No, it's not automatic because not all server infrastructures let you write the .htaccess files yourself. However, in version 1.1 it will give you the file to upload.

Maybe There Should Be A Special Page Just For Editing .htaccess.

EDIT: "You must wait 60 seconds between posts. Please wait 4 seconds and try again." XD XD Ha Ha Yeah I'll Wait 4 Seconds.

And BTW Writing This Took Longer Than 4 Seconds.

#12: 31 Aug 2014 11:24

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

shadow wrote

Maybe There Should Be A Special Page Just For Editing .htaccess.

EDIT: "You must wait 60 seconds between posts. Please wait 4 seconds and try again." XD XD Ha Ha Yeah I'll Wait 4 Seconds.

And BTW Writing This Took Longer Than 4 Seconds.

No, my point is that software can't always directly edit .htaccess. My plan is to have the installer provide it to you the same way it provides config.xml

I will also do some research into nginx and attempt to make an equivalent system work there.

Jacob G.

Index » Suggestions » FutureBB Suggestions (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)