FutureSight Forums

Index » Suggestions » Forum Extension For FluxBB (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 25 Aug 2014 11:29

offline mrsrec

I Remember There Was A Forum Extension For FluxBB To Fight Spam. Could This Possibly Be Implemented Into FutureBB Too? As An Extension, Or Built In. It Doesn't Matter To The Best Futuresighter Ever.

#2: 25 Aug 2014 14:34

offline Jacob

Administrator

Well, the issue is that there are a lot of different ways to fight spam. We could include a mod for StopForumSpam.com, reCAPTCHA, as well as many other services.

However, we will consider this.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 25 Aug 2014 17:00

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote
Well, the issue is that there are a lot of different ways to fight spam. We could include a mod for StopForumSpam.com, reCAPTCHA, as well as many other services.

I Mean Like, The Trick With The Hidden Password Field.

#4: 26 Aug 2014 00:47

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

Most spammers have adapted to that one, so it's not really of much use anymore.

Jacob G.

#5: 26 Aug 2014 02:29

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

Most spammers have adapted to that one, so it's not really of much use anymore.

Aw, I Thought That Idea Was Cool.

#6: 26 Aug 2014 06:00

offline mrsrec

RCOS_Communications wrote
If you are going to implement a Captcha, you should create an option for users to switch between different Captcha providers (such as reCAPTCHA, Solve Media, Minteye, etc). This is because people have their preference of Captcha type. For example, some people don't like reCAPTCHA because it may be difficult to read. They might want to use Solve Media, because it is easier to read, or Minteye, because they like sliding Captchas.

And What Would Stop Bots From Choosing The Easiest Captcha?

#7: 26 Aug 2014 11:56

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

If you are going to implement a Captcha, you should create an option for users to switch between different Captcha providers (such as reCAPTCHA, Solve Media, Minteye, etc). This is because people have their preference of Captcha type. For example, some people don't like reCAPTCHA because it may be difficult to read. They might want to use Solve Media, because it is easier to read, or Minteye, because they like sliding Captchas.

I think this was talking about the administrator choosing, not the registering user.

Jacob G.

#8: 29 Aug 2014 10:52

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

mrsrec wrote

I think this was talking about the administrator choosing, not the registering user.

Oh. They Still Could've Been A Lot More Clear.

#9: 01 Sep 2014 02:38

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

I would say any captcha provider can be cracked, if enough research was done.

Jacob wrote

I was talking about the user choosing.

It would get too confusing if the user got to choose, and as Mrsrec points out, if one is easily cracked spambots will always just choose that one. However, if one is harder to crack, the admin can choose that one.

Jacob G.

#10: 05 Sep 2014 17:23

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

mrsrec wrote

I would say any captcha provider can be cracked, if enough research was done.

Jacob wrote

I was talking about the user choosing.

It would get too confusing if the user got to choose, and as Mrsrec points out, if one is easily cracked spambots will always just choose that one. However, if one is harder to crack, the admin can choose that one.

Yup, You Summed Up My Point A Lot

Index » Suggestions » Forum Extension For FluxBB (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)