FutureSight Forums

Index » Reviews » Another Review On FutureBB (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 11 Oct 2014 03:55

offline Krett12

FutureBB has awesome potential except for one thing. I can see everybodys IPs like it's their signature. There should just be a special IP lookup page, and that's it. Can it be that way in FutureBB 1.1? ~~~ ~~~~~

#2: 11 Oct 2014 03:56

offline Krett12

Also, there appears to be a button in my prefs to disable admin notifications. Shouldn't you remove that?

#3: 12 Oct 2014 09:19 - Edited

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
Also, there appears to be a button in my prefs to disable admin notifications. Shouldn't you remove that?

That disables regular notifications. Admin notifications are actually sent as private messages, and admins can bypass that.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#4: 13 Oct 2014 03:19

offline mrsrec

Jacob wrote

Krett12 wrote

That disables regular notifications. Admin notifications are actually sent as private messages, and admins can bypass that.

What? Why Are They Sent As PMs? Then The User Can Just Turn Them Off. Besides, If It Doesn't Have Some Special Admin Marker, Anyone Could Impersonate An Admin.

#5: 13 Oct 2014 05:23

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

Jacob wrote

Krett12 wrote

What? Why Are They Sent As PMs? Then The User Can Just Turn Them Off. Besides, If It Doesn't Have Some Special Admin Marker, Anyone Could Impersonate An Admin.

They are sent as PMs, but admins can bypass it if a user turns them off. For sending them as warnings, there is a button that distinguishes them from regular PMs.

Also, look at this:

Jacob G.

#6: 13 Oct 2014 15:46 - Edited

offline mrsrec

Makes Sense. BTW, Why Did You Blur Out The Day I Signed Up? That's Not Something Private.......
And My Time Zone.......

#7: 13 Oct 2014 15:47

offline mrsrec

BTW, It's Not "Your" Profile, It's Mine, You're Seeing It Cause You're An Admin.
When I Tried To Post This, It Told Me "You must wait 60 seconds between posts. Please wait 1 seconds and try again."

#8: 13 Oct 2014 15:52

offline mrsrec

BTW, My Time Zone Is -8 From GMT And I Signed Up On 05 Oct 13 13:53

#9: 14 Oct 2014 06:01

offline Jacob

Administrator

mrsrec wrote

It shows from the perspective of the user viewing it, and in my case the time zone is GMT-5.

Jacob G.

#10: 16 Oct 2014 16:42

offline Krett12

Hmm. Well on the music & running forum appealing admin notifications & reporting regular ones is broken, may I have a PM to see if it works here?

#11: 16 Oct 2014 16:43

offline Krett12

Jacob wrote

mrsrec wrote

It shows from the perspective of the user viewing it, and in my case the time zone is GMT-5.

And you probably didn't know whether mrsrec wanted you publicizing their time zone. ~~~~

#12: 18 Oct 2014 14:46

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
FutureBB has awesome potential except for one thing. I can see everybodys IPs like it's their signature. There should just be a special IP lookup page, and that's it. Can it be that way in FutureBB 1.1? ~~~ ~~~~~

That's only for admins. I don't really see anything wrong with admins being able to access IP addresses more easily.

Jacob G.

#13: 19 Apr 2015 14:27

offline Krett12

Well, it's public now. Also I got my old account back. Turns out you didn't sabotage it. ~~~~

Index » Reviews » Another Review On FutureBB (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)