FutureSight Forums

Index » Bugs in our software » No userpages?! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 28 Mar 2015 06:28

offline Krett13

I decided to use FutureBB as my new forum software for a forum I was starting (even though you're still mad at me ;) and the admin account I signed up with had a space in it, and now I get a 404 error when I try to load my userpage. Can this be fixed?

#2: 28 Mar 2015 15:12

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett13 wrote
I decided to use FutureBB as my new forum software for a forum I was starting (even though you're still mad at me ;) and the admin account I signed up with had a space in it, and now I get a 404 error when I try to load my userpage. Can this be fixed?

I will disallow spaces in usernames for the next version. In the meantime, you can fix that manually by editing the entry in the database, or replacing the space with "%20" in the URL.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 28 Mar 2015 17:37

offline Krett13

Jacob wrote

Krett13 wrote

I will disallow spaces in usernames for the next version. In the meantime, you can fix that manually by editing the entry in the database, or replacing the space with "%20" in the URL.

It's already a %20 in the URL, I clicked on a link, you know.

But can't there be a better solution? Also, how am I gonna change my username if there turns out to not be one.

#4: 28 Mar 2015 17:40

offline Krett13

Jacob wrote

Krett13 wrote

Also, I liked your old picture of a cat better.

#5: 30 Mar 2015 02:01

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett13 wrote

Jacob wrote

Krett13 wrote

It's already a %20 in the URL, I clicked on a link, you know.

But can't there be a better solution? Also, how am I gonna change my username if there turns out to not be one.

The software is not designed to let people change usernames, however it is fairly easily to change it from the database.

Also, the reason it is not designed to handle spaces in the URL is that spaces are not allowed in usernames registered normally, and therefore there should be no need to have spaces at all. However, when registering from the installation page, it does not check that, so spaces will be disallowed in the next version even from the installation page.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#6: 30 Mar 2015 07:23

offline Krett13

I don't like underscores. Besides, maybe I don't really need a userpage.

Index » Bugs in our software » No userpages?! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)