FutureSight Forums

Index » Bugs in our software » your forum script should not show me errors (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 24 Oct 2014 00:13

offline abubasil

hi
I was viewing my profile and found this
Undefined index: block_notif in /srv/data/web/vhosts/futuresight.org/htdocs/forums/app_resources/pages/profile.php

for the sake of security your scripts should send such reports of errors to a specific email and not to show it for the users, people will gather information about how the forum is built and will attack it.
consider this point.

#2: 24 Oct 2014 02:35

offline Jacob

Administrator

Our forum software is open-source, so seeing how it is built is not really a concern. However, we will fix this on this website, and a fix will be included in the next release of FutureBB.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#3: 31 Oct 2014 12:25 - Edited

offline Krett12

Jacob wrote
Our forum software is open-source, so seeing how it is built is not really a concern. However, we will fix this on this website, and a fix will be included in the next release of FutureBB.

Bad idea. Never have your copy of the software be different than the one for download. Just don't. Seriously.

Also I got a new IP assigned to me. Yay!

EDIT: Yes, it is opensource.

Also, spammers will start w/ really popular systems like FluxBB and work their way down to these.

#4: 01 Nov 2014 00:53

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote

Jacob wrote

Bad idea. Never have your copy of the software be different than the one for download. Just don't. Seriously.

Also I got a new IP assigned to me. Yay!

EDIT: Yes, it is opensource.

Also, spammers will start w/ really popular systems like FluxBB and work their way down to these.

I am familiar with software development. However, in FutureBB 1.1, the profile page has fundamental changes to it, so the patch here is just temporary and will be replaced anyway.
Also, it's worth noting that there are several modifications to this forum software already, such as including our site header/footer and some anti-spam measures.

Jacob G.

#5: 26 May 2015 04:19

offline Krett12

Srry to necropost but
1) I was explaining to the other one
2) Really? Doesn't seem like anything changed
3)IMO it is worth a lot, actually.

#6: 27 May 2015 10:17

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
Srry to necropost but
1) I was explaining to the other one
2) Really? Doesn't seem like anything changed
3)IMO it is worth a lot, actually.

The stuff on the front didn't change much, but much of the backend structure did change. For example, the system of storing avatars changed, the ability for admins to view past messages/alerts was added, and the way that POST data was processed was redone.

Jacob G.

#7: 02 Jul 2015 12:53

offline Krett12

& about the header & footer, i thought it was jjust a thenme

#8: 02 Jul 2015 15:02

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote

No, we actually had to modify the core software, as themes beyond changes to the CSS style actually aren't available in FutureBB 1.2. Those are coming in version 1.3 (which should hopefully be released soon).

Jacob G.

#9: 03 Jan 2016 18:20

offline Krett12

Jacob wrote

Krett12 wrote

No, we actually had to modify the core software, as themes beyond changes to the CSS style actually aren't available in FutureBB 1.2. Those are coming in version 1.3 (which should hopefully be released soon).

AGAIN, sorry for necroposting, but you can add new text and stuff with the css (but very limited), here's an example.

Sorry for bringing up Scratch, but it's the only example I am think of. In the main.css file in Scratchwikiskin, it says that that <a class="scratch"> will make the logo appear.

a.scratch{
float: left;
display: block;
width: 80px;
height: 35px;
background: url("scratchlogo.png") left center no-repeat;
text-indent: -99999em;
padding: 0 2px;
}

is what it says, to be specific.

You could make an image-only footer (which got removed in the transition to 1.3 anyway).

Index » Bugs in our software » your forum script should not show me errors (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)