FutureSight Forums

Index » Announcements » FutureBB 1.4 is now available! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 06 Feb 2016 15:30

offline Jacob

Administrator

FutureBB 1.4 is now available to download! You can obtain a copy on the FutureBB website. To install it, just upload it on your server, navigate to the directory in your web browser, and follow the onscreen instructions. To upgrade from a previous version, upload the files into your existing FutureBB installation directory and overwrite everything as needed.

It has many new features, such as...

• A massively improved post searching algorithm
  • Selecting multiple posts for moderation action
  • Atom feeds replacing RSS
  • Reverse IP tracker (getting all IPs of a given user)
  • More specific moderator privileges (such as viewing IP addresses, editing/deleting posts, etc.)
In addition to these features, many, many bugs have been fixed.

Finally, some new extensions are coming soon, such as a direct image uploading extension and a mobile style set.

Note: The installer URL rewriting code will only work for Apache. If you use nginx, you need to rewrite all requests except those to the static directory to dispatcher.php

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#2: 09 Feb 2016 13:39

offline Krett12

Jacob wrote
More specific moderator privileges

You can thank me for that one (sorry, I just *had* to do that)

#3: 12 Feb 2016 10:22

offline Jacob

Administrator

The direct image uploading extension is now available! You can get it on the FutureBB website and install it on your forum.

Jacob G.

#4: 16 Feb 2016 09:44

offline iggyvolz

Is there any good way to upgrade a site rather than unpacking the zip into the new directory? And should I run install.php too?

#5: 16 Feb 2016 13:32

offline Jacob

Administrator

iggyvolz wrote
Is there any good way to upgrade a site rather than unpacking the zip into the new directory? And should I run install.php too?

Yeah, you'll have to unpack the zip and put it on top of the existing files. To upgrade, just put the files there and then visit the index page of your forum once the files have uploaded. An automatic upgrade utility will appear.

Jacob G.

#6: 31 May 2016 05:42

offline Krett12

Can FutureBB 1.5 have some new themes or something please? No offense but they all look too similar to me.

#7: 31 May 2016 07:33

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
Can FutureBB 1.5 have some new themes or something please? No offense but they all look too similar to me.

FutureBB 1.5 isn't in the immediate plans (we have a different project under way currently), but when we start work on it, we will make an effort to develop more themes, including a mobile theme.

Jacob G.

#8: 31 May 2016 08:01

offline Krett12

Thank you

Index » Announcements » FutureBB 1.4 is now available! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)