FutureSight Forums

Index » Announcements » Check out our new website! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

#1: 31 Dec 2015 10:48

offline Jacob

Administrator

We are proud to announce that the new FutureSight Technologies website is live! The new website is designed to be more friendly and responsive, and of course more mobile-friendly. Please take a look around the website to see the new and improved version!

The forums currently still use the old style, since they are running FutureBB 1.3 and FutureBB 1.4 will be released shortly. However, once FutureBB 1.4 is released and the forums are upgraded they will adapt the new style set to match the rest of the website.

The most major page to change is the products page. The tab system has been redesigned to be much more fluid, and it now also works on mobile devices or small screens. The product pages themselves (such as the one for the Webcomic Assistant) have changed too, having a smoother design.

Jacob G.
Executive director and co-head developer

#2: 31 Dec 2015 13:41

offline Krett12

Your old one was better.

#3: 31 Dec 2015 13:50

offline iggyvolz

I looked in the HTML comments, I know you didn't design the theme :P. We design all our themes from scratch.

Just messing with you. The site looks great. The Products page looks a bit funky contrasted to the theme but it'll do. And I'm really curious to see what the theme for FutureBB 1.4 will look like.

#4: 31 Dec 2015 15:39 - Edited

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
Your old one was better.

What in particular did you like about it?

iggyvolz wrote
I looked in the HTML comments, I know you didn't design the theme :P. We design all our themes from scratch.

Just messing with you. The site looks great. The Products page looks a bit funky contrasted to the theme but it'll do. And I'm really curious to see what the theme for FutureBB 1.4 will look like.

FutureBB 1.4 is going to have the same theme as previous versions, though I am going to try to design some alternative themes to go with it.

Jacob G.

#5: 01 Jan 2016 04:31

offline Krett12

What I liked about the old site was that it looks all "technical" with the lightning bolt and choice of the week and "categories of software", but what really [censored] me off was that the background for the new site is.......

.....TREES! Trees? What do trees have to do with your software? Besides, it looks like you stole it from Apple or Weebly or Tile or one of those websites that are really into CSS. (I believe you if you say you didn't, I'm just saying it looks that way)

#6: 01 Jan 2016 05:18

offline Jacob

Administrator

Krett12 wrote
What I liked about the old site was that it looks all "technical" with the lightning bolt and choice of the week and "categories of software", but what really [censored] me off was that the background for the new site is.......

.....TREES! Trees? What do trees have to do with your software? Besides, it looks like you stole it from Apple or Weebly or Tile or one of those websites that are really into CSS. (I believe you if you say you didn't, I'm just saying it looks that way)

That's actually not a tree. It's a circuit board. ;)
Also, we actually did use a stock CSS template (see the footer), but I did modify it substantially (especially on the products page), but it looks a lot nicer than the previous design.

Jacob G.

#7: 01 Jan 2016 09:51

offline Krett12

Wow, now it's clear as day. Circuit board! You should try taking the picture from a different angle to make it more obvious.

#8: 23 Jan 2016 08:38

offline Jacob

Administrator

Although FutureBB 1.4 isn't quite ready yet (it's coming soon, we just need to finish testing it), we did retrofit FutureBB 1.3 to work with the website's style system in order to maintain a more consistent design throughout the website.

Jacob G.

#9: 23 Jan 2016 18:23

offline Krett12

I was complainibg about the homepage not the forumz

Index » Announcements » Check out our new website! (Atom feed)

Pages: 1

Embed topic (Show)